By Irene Langran,Tammy Birk
Globalization and international Citizenship examines the which means and realities of world citizenship as a manifestation of contemporary developments in globalization. In an interdisciplinary technique, the chapters define and examine the main major dimensions of worldwide citizenship, together with transnational, old, and cultural diversifications in its perform; international and family coverage affects; and its effect on own identities. The contributions ask and discover questions which are of quick relevance for today’s students, including:
- How does globalization in its present shape current a brand new set of demanding situations for states, non-state actors, and person electorate?
- How has globalization lowered, improved, or advanced notions of citizenship?
- What rights may well exist outdoors the context of nation sovereignty?
- How can social responsibility be imagined past the borders of cities, towns, or states?
- What sorts of political representational legitimacy should be efficient at the international point?
- When is it worthwhile, attainable or fascinating for people to spot with international political groups?
Drawing jointly a large variety of members and leading edge learn the quantity bargains chapters that search to mirror the entire spectrum of techniques and themes, offering a priceless source which highlights the worth of a longer and considerate learn of the belief and perform of world citizenship inside a broader attention of the methods of globalization. it is going to be of serious use to graduates and students of diplomacy, sociology, and international studies/affairs, in addition to globalization.
Read or Download Globalization and Global Citizenship: Interdisciplinary Approaches (Rethinking Globalizations) PDF
Best civil rights & liberties books
Have you ever had sufficient of power-mad govt companies that use id files just like the Social safety card to approve what you do for a residing, maintain tabs on how much cash you could have and keep an eye on with reference to each aspect of your existence? the way to use identity tips to maximise your privateness along with your mail, telephone, net provider, task, financial institution and marriage.
A primary in English, this e-book engages with the ways that Hegel and Sartre resolution the tough questions: what's it to be human? What position can we have on the planet? How may still we are living? What will we be?
F ROM THE VERY FOUNDING OF OUR state, variety has been certainly one of our best strengths but additionally the best resource of clash. In lower than a new release, the United States becomes "minority-majority," and the area economic system, already interconnected, can be much more globalized. The stakes for the way we deal with this evolution could not be better.
This crucial, theoretically refined paintings explores the strategies of liberal democracy, citizenship and rights. Grounded in severe unique study, the ebook examines Australia's political and criminal associations, and strains the heritage and way forward for citizenship and the nation in Australia. The important subject matter is that making proofs of belonging to the nationwide tradition a precondition of citizenship is beside the point for a multicultural society corresponding to Australia.
- The Great Father: The United States Government and the American Indians (Abridged Edition)
- Cultural Diversity, Heritage and Human Rights: Intersections in Theory and Practice (Key Issues in Cultural Heritage)
- Coming for to Carry Me Home: Race in America from Abolitionism to Jim Crow (The American Crisis Series: Books on the Civil War Era)
- Surveillance as Social Sorting: Privacy, Risk and Automated Discrimination
- Justice, Politics, and the Family
Additional info for Globalization and Global Citizenship: Interdisciplinary Approaches (Rethinking Globalizations)
Globalization and Global Citizenship: Interdisciplinary Approaches (Rethinking Globalizations) by Irene Langran,Tammy Birk