By Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks
- Includes examples drawn from the latest scholarship in relation to a various diversity of cultures, from historic Mesopotamia to post-Soviet Russia, and from the Igbo of Nigeria, to the Iroquois of north jap North America.
- Reflects new advancements within the box with further insurance of primates, slavery, colonialism, masculinity, and transgender issues
- Features major dialogue of the Paleolithic and Neolithic classes, a huge pattern within the research of worldwide history
- Lays out key theoretical and methodological matters in an creation that's written in obtainable language
- Supplementary fabric for teachers and scholars to be had at www.wiley.com/go/wiesnerhanks
Read or Download Gender in History: Global Perspectives PDF
Best historical studies books
Beacon Press is proud to submit a brand new variation of the vintage memoir by way of considered one of our so much vigorous, influential, and engaged academics and activists. Howard Zinn, writer of A People's heritage of the United States, tells his own tales approximately greater than thirty years of struggling with for social switch, from instructing at Spelman collage to fresh protests opposed to warfare.
Fifty Key Works of historical past and Historiography introduces one of the most vital works ever written via those that have sought to appreciate, catch, question and interpret the prior. The works lined comprise texts from precedent days to the current day and from diverse cultural traditions making sure a large choice of faculties, equipment and ideas are brought.
Hasta hace poco determinante para los angeles afirmación de una ciencia histórica española autónoma, l. a. influencia de los angeles historiografía francesa ha retrocedido de manera progresiva hasta parecer, a veces, secundaria. los angeles presente obra recoge las contribuciones de historiadores franceses y españoles que han reflexionado conjuntamente sobre l. a. significación de esta impronta francesa.
During this quantity, Hamilton offers with the various antecedents and the result of the Spanish-American struggle, in particular, the purchase of an American empire. It reviews the "progressive" view of these occasions, wondering the inspiration that businessmen (and compliant politicians) aggressively sought new markets, quite these of Asia.
- Der Preis der Freiheit: Geschichte Europas in unserer Zeit (German Edition)
- Gender and the City before Modernity (Gender and History Special Issues)
- Zeitgeschichte schreiben: Von der Verständigung über die Vergangenheit in der Gegenwart (German Edition)
- War Games: Inside the World of Twentieth-Century War Reenactors
- The Heritage Crusade and the Spoils of History
- Perceptions of the Past in the Early Middle Ages (The Conway Lectures in Medieval Studies)
Extra info for Gender in History: Global Perspectives
Gender in History: Global Perspectives by Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks