By John Buchanan,John McConnell
Read or Download Fixing America: Breaking the Stranglehold of Corporate Rule, Big Media, and the Religious Right PDF
Best civil rights & liberties books
Have you ever had adequate of power-mad govt organisations that use id records just like the Social defense card to approve what you do for a residing, hold tabs on how much cash you've gotten and keep an eye on with reference to each side of your lifestyles? find out how to use identity tips to maximise your privateness together with your mail, telephone, net carrier, activity, financial institution and marriage.
A primary in English, this publication engages with the ways that Hegel and Sartre resolution the tricky questions: what's it to be human? What position can we have on the earth? How should still we are living? What will we be?
F ROM THE VERY FOUNDING OF OUR state, variety has been considered one of our best strengths but additionally the best resource of clash. In below a iteration, the US turns into "minority-majority," and the realm economic system, already interconnected, should be much more globalized. The stakes for the way we deal with this evolution could not be better.
This significant, theoretically refined paintings explores the options of liberal democracy, citizenship and rights. Grounded in severe unique examine, the e-book examines Australia's political and felony associations, and lines the background and way forward for citizenship and the kingdom in Australia. The relevant topic is that making proofs of belonging to the nationwide tradition a precondition of citizenship is irrelevant for a multicultural society equivalent to Australia.
- Say We Are Nations: Documents of Politics and Protest in Indigenous America since 1887 (H. Eugene and Lillian Youngs Lehman Series)
- Routledge Handbook of Global Citizenship Studies (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Nations and Citizens in Yugoslavia and the Post-Yugoslav States: One Hundred Years of Citizenship
- The PC Lie: How American Voters Decided I Don't Matter
- Control of Enemy Alien Civilians in Great Britain, 1914-1918 (Routledge Revivals)
- Youth Citizenship and the Politics of Belonging
Additional resources for Fixing America: Breaking the Stranglehold of Corporate Rule, Big Media, and the Religious Right
Fixing America: Breaking the Stranglehold of Corporate Rule, Big Media, and the Religious Right by John Buchanan,John McConnell