By Mary Eagleton
- Introduces readers to the wide scope of feminist thought over the last 35 years.
- Guides scholars alongside the innovative of present feminist theory.
- Suitable for college kids and students of all fields touched by way of feminist thought.
- Covers a very large variety of disciplines, discourses and feminist positions.
- Organised round recommendations instead of colleges of feminism.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Delusion writing, like literature typically, presents a robust car for not easy the established order. through symbolism, imagery and supernaturalism, fable constructs secondary-world narratives that either replicate and critique the political paradigms of our personal global. This severe paintings explores the function of the portal in delusion, investigating the ways that magical nexus issues and circulation among worlds are used to demonstrate real-world strength dynamics, specifically these impacting ladies and kids.
Fresh years have witnessed very important new projects within the learn of well known fictional modes of writing. At one time the sector might have been defined with average accuracy via traditions: person who analyzed the construction and distribution of renowned fiction as commodities; and one whose proponents appeared renowned fiction because the detrimental which provided definition to the publicity of the confident - the ‘great’ canonic literary culture.
Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and William Faulkner stand because the American voice of the good struggle. yet used to be it conflict that drove them to put in writing? now not in line with Keith Gandal, who argues that the authors' well-known postwar novels have been encouraged now not by way of their studies of the horrors of conflict yet particularly by way of their failure to have these reviews.
This quantity of essays brings jointly severe research and observation at the literary paintings of Michel Tournier.
- The World According to Philip K. Dick
- CharlesTaylor - 'The Politics of Recognition' and Intercultural Tensions: 'The Politics of Recognition' and its representation in Israel Zangwill’s 'The Melting Pot' and Amiri Baraka’s 'Dutchman'
- Close Reading: The Reader
- Remapping Citizenship and the Nation in African-American Literature (Routledge Transnational Perspectives on American Literature)
- Narrating the Prison: Role and Representation in Charles Dickens' Novels, Twentieth-Century Fiction, and Film
- The Cambridge Companion to Ulysses (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
Additional resources for A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Mary Eagleton